Saturday 18 September 2010

Vinyl baby bibs

While my granny squares are steadily piling up I thought I'd show you something else I have made. A little over a year ago I became an auntie for the second time to a cute little baby boy. The moment I found out I was going to have a little nephew I started figuring out all the stuff I was going to make for him! Some of the things I made were bibs with some cute fabrics. 

Of course, now that I want to write a blog post about them I see that only 1 have been captured by my camera before they were given away. Although I do know I snapped a picture of my 16 year old sister with a bib on… luckily for her I can’t find that one… I’ll be sure to take and save the pictures somewhere clever next time!
I made this first bib with the help of this tutorial, but with the later ones I strayed from the measurements and sometimes made them without a pocket. I found some cute fabrics, applied iron on vinyl on the front side of the fabric and covered all edges with double folded bias tape. I found it quite hard to apply the bias tape on the curved edges and without the vinyl fabric slipping away from me, but I got a better hang of it after a few bibs.

No comments:

Post a Comment